Support the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail by joining today!
Members will receive newsletters, notices of upcoming
trail-related events, and opportunities to actively
promote the rail trail through a variety of volunteer
The Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail is incorporated
as a 501(c) (3) organization—membership fees
and donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted
Yes! Sign me up as a supporter of the Bruce Freeman
Rail Trail and add my name to your mailing list.
Individual Membership $10
Family Membership $25
RR Tycoon $500+
Sponsor and above receive a complimentary BFRT cap or t-shirt. Please let us know if you prefer not to receive the complimentary gift.
Join/Renew Online Now
or you may choose to mail your donation to:
Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
PO Box 1192
Concord, MA 01742
Information about Donation Funds is available here.
How are funds used?
So what does / will the FBFRT do with the funds I provide through Membership dues or donations? Here are some examples of costs we have incurred or, if noted, may incur.
– Food and beverages for meetings, gifts to guest speakers, office supplies, renting meeting space.
– Food and tools for trail clearings (love those weed wrenches), copying of flyers and presentations for outreach and education, display banners. t-shirts for volunteers at special events, web site hosting, tent for outdoor outreach events.
– Copying and mailing bi-annual newsletter. Campaign pamphlets, signs, mailings and postage to rally support for critical Town Meeting votes. Donations to Towns to cover some of the additional staff resources associated with managing the design and construction of the BFRT.
– Provide funds for initial feasibility studies. Potentially provide seed or (partial) matching funds for trail design.
– Potentially provide seed or (partial) matching funds for right-of-way purchase, trail construction. the FBFRT has no paid staff or consultants, so none of the funds pay for the thousand of hours of effort volunteers volunteer.