Donate to the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
or mail your donation to:
Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
PO Box 1192
Concord, MA 01742
Information about Donation Funds is available here:
Betsy Fowler Memorial Fund
Chelmsford Center Kiosk
Howard Krueger Memorial Fund
Mary Michelman Memorial Fund
How are funds used?
So what does / will the FBFRT do with the funds I provide through Membership dues or donations? Here are some examples of costs we have incurred or, if noted, may incur.
– Food and beverages for meetings, gifts to guest speakers, office supplies, renting meeting space.
– Food and tools for trail clearings (love those weed wrenches), copying of flyers and presentations for outreach and education, display banners. t-shirts for volunteers at special events, web site hosting, tent for outdoor outreach events.
– Copying and mailing bi-annual newsletter. Campaign pamphlets, signs, mailings and postage to rally support for critical Town Meeting votes. Donations to Towns to cover some of the additional staff resources associated with managing the design and construction of the BFRT.
– Provide funds for initial feasibility studies. Potentially provide seed or (partial) matching funds for trail design.
– Potentially provide seed or (partial) matching funds for right-of-way purchase, trail construction. the FBFRT has no paid staff or consultants, so none of the funds pay for the thousand of hours of effort volunteers volunteer.